our problem is not that you don’t love me, our problem is that you think that you cant lose me..
Street harassment is not a compliment.
• If Barbie were an actual women, she would be 5’9” tall, have a 39” bust, an 18” waist, 33” hips and a size 3 shoe.
• Barbie calls this a “full figure” and likes her weight at 110 lbs.
• At 5’9” tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. She likely would not menstruate.
• If Barbie was a real woman, she’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.
• Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled “How to Lose Weight” with directions inside stating simply “Don’t eat.”
The last one…wow!
“Let’s say there’s a side of me, the one represented in the media, that does not match who I really am in private life. People think they know me because for years I have seen the movies and read about me in the papers. They like the feeling that we grew up together. But I have a personal dimension that no one knows.”
- Emma Watson for Vanity Fair Italia no. 6/2013